Information and Benefits
Since its founding in 1994, the Society has been dedicated to bringing its 2000 worldwide members the latest research and dialogues in order to facilitate public, professional and scientific discourse.
Our membership is made up of students, post docs, and faculty from around the world. Our members, who are engaged in research focused on elucidating the biological underpinnings of mental processes, form a network of scientists and scholars working at the interface of mind, brain and behavior research. The findings of this research are presented at our member-supported annual scientific conference. The three-day program of plenary speakers, symposia, posters and special events covers all aspects of cognitive neuroscience research.
- monthly newsletters covering upcoming conferences, workshops and job openings
- free and unlimited advertising in the newsletter
- reduced price on the Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience (30% off)
- reduced price on the journal Cognitive Neuroscience
- discounts on MIT Press books on cognition and neuroscience titles on their website (30% off)
- reduced prices on associated hotel and car rental reservations for the annual meeting
- ability to submit symposia and abstracts for the annual meeting
- ability to nominate other members for prizes/honors
You must have a current CNS membership to view our newsletter, submit an announcement, or submit a job advertisement.
Membership also allows you to submit abstracts for our annual meeting and nominate people for our annual awards. As a current member, you also receive significant discounts on registration to our annual meeting.
Membership fees are annual and must be renewed each year. You must be a current member to submit an abstract for the annual meeting. To receive member registration rates, your membership must be paid through the final date of the meeting.
Annual Membership Rates
Faculty, $85.00 USD
Postdoc, $65.00 USD
Student, $35.00 USD