April 13–16 | 2024
GSA or PFA Application
If you are a grad student or postdoc you can apply for a Graduate Student Award (GSA) or a Postdoctoral Fellows Award (PFA) as part of the poster abstract submission process. At least two submissions in each topic area will be recognized with a GSA or a PFA award. Abstracts will be evaluated with respect to the merit of the research and the clarity of the presentation. Winners will receive special recognition in the program and during the conference. Winners will also receive a $100 monetary stipend to help with conference expenses.
Please note that GSA and PFA winners will be recognized in the program and will present their poster at the regularly scheduled poster session.
Requirements for All GSA/PFA Submissions
- The first author must be the person applying for the GSA/PFA and is responsible for adherence to the rules and for the quality of the presentation.
- The first author must attend CNS 2024 in order to receive the monetary travel award.
- Graduate students applying for a GSA must be formally registered in an official Ph.D. program at the time of submission.
- Postdocs applying for a PFA must have received a Ph.D. within the past 5 years.
- Abbreviations (of compounds, for example) must be spelled out in full at the first use. Do not use abbreviations in the title. Use only standard abbreviations.
- Capitalize the first letter of all trade names.
- Please do not use all uppercase or lowercase for the abstract title, author names, or affiliations. Fixing these problems is laborious and may create errors in your abstract.
Title, Authors, Affiliations, and Keywords
- The abstract title should clearly define the work discussed. Sentence capitalization or title capitalization should be used for entering your abstract title.
- Please do not enter department names in the Affiliations box. If a university is well known, we prefer you not list the city, state, or country with the university's name.
- You will be asked to choose an appropriate keyword for your abstract, which will be used for session planning.
If your poster submission is chosen as one of the finalists for a GSA or PFA, you may be asked for more information, such as a longer abstract and/or a letter of recommendation. If this is the case, you will be contacted by a member of the poster committee after submissions have closed and all submissions have been reviewed.
Submissions will close on December 5, 2023 .
If you are a grad student or postdoc you can apply for a Graduate Student Award (GSA) or a Postdoctoral Fellows Award (PFA) as part of the poster abstract submission process.
April 13–16 | 2024