2017 Young Investigator Awards Nominations
The Cognitive Neuroscience Society is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the Young Investigator Awards in Cognitive Neuroscience for the 2017 year. The submission deadline for these awards is November 30, 2016. All nominations must be submitted online–please see below for details.
For the 2017 awards, the nominee MUST be:
- Working in any area of cognitive neuroscience (broadly defined).
- No more than 10 years from the receipt of their doctoral degree as of January 1, 2017.
- Nominated by another individual (no self nominations will be accepted).
- In attendance at the 2017 meeting to accept the award in person and must agree to give a special lecture.
Consideration will be given to applicants who have taken an institutionally approved childbearing or parental leave (2 year limit). Documentation from the appropriate department head, university or institutional official is required with the application in order for eligibility to be determined based on time since receiving the doctoral degree. Also, the residency years for M.D.’s and clinical internship year for Clinical Psychology Ph.D.’s will not be counted against the 10 year limit.
Submitting a Nomination
Before submitting a nomination, collect the required materials:
- Contact information for the nominee.
- A PDF or Word Document of the nominee’s CV.
- A short (max 600) word statement of the nominee’s research program.
- A PDF or Word Document of a significant publication representative of the nominee’s work.
- Bibliographic citations for the publication above AND 4 additional representative publications.
- A PDF or Word Document of a nomination statement from the primary referee (you).
- Contact information for a second referee.
- A PDF or Word Document of a nomination statement from the second referee.
The Submission Process
- Complete and submit the form below.
- After submitting you will receive a confirmation email.
- Send an email to with both nomination statements.
For questions please contact