April 13–16 | 2024
The following apps allows travelers to submit their travel document, photo, and customs declaration information through a free, secure app on their smartphone or other mobile device. The use of these apps streamlines the traveler’s entry process into Canada & the United States by reducing passport control inspection time and overall wait time. As a result, travelers may experience shorter wait times, less congestion and efficient processing.
Use ArriveCAN to provide mandatory travel information before and after your entry into Canada. It only takes minutes to help keep each other safe.
Available for iOS, Android and online. The mobile app is free and is available in English, French and Spanish (displayed in the language of your device). It can save your contact and travel document information for travel at a later date. Download the latest version of ArriveCAN or click ‘update’ in your app store.
How to submit your Advance Declaration
- Sign in to the ArriveCAN app or the web version online and follow the prompts
- Confirm your travel identity document information (passport or Canadian permanent resident card)
- Answer the customs and immigration questions truthfully
- Submit the declaration 72 hours prior to arriving in Canada
When you are done:
- a confirmation screen should appear, acknowledging a successful submission
- you will receive a confirmation email and a reference number
If your declaration changes before you arrive, you can edit your declaration when you get to the airport kiosk or eGate.
Entering the United States
Mobile Passport Control (MPC) allows eligible travelers to submit their travel document, photo, and customs declaration information through a free, secure app on their smartphone or other mobile device. The use of MPC streamlines the traveler’s entry process into the United States by reducing passport control inspection time and overall wait time. Use of MPC does not require pre-approval. Travelers who successfully use the MPC app will no longer have to complete a paper form or use an APC kiosk. As a result, travelers may experience shorter wait times, less congestion and efficient processing.
The CBP Mobile Passport Control App
CBP’s MPC app is a free application that can be downloaded from the Apple App store and Google Play and is currently available for eligible travelers to use upon arrival at MPC approved sites. Please see FAQ question number 2 to see a complete list of current MPC Sites.
New Traveler Eligibility
- Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR) are now eligible for MPC.
New MPC App Experience
- As a reminder, please keep your CBP MPC app up to date from your Apple or Google App Store.
- CBP MPC will receive a workflow refresh Mid July that will enhance the traveler experience.
Please see our Mobile Apps Directory for other approved CBP applications for easy download from the Google Play and the Apple App Store.
April 13–16 | 2024