CNS Conference Press Credential Policy
CNS invites members of the press to attend and cover its annual meetings. Our credential policy:
- Media representatives, such as reporters, freelance writers and videographers, are welcome to attend the meeting. Journalists who have press credentials should bring their credentials to the registration desk at the meeting or submit any necessary credentials in advance to pre-register for the meeting.
- Journalist press credentials include one of the following: Press card and/or business card for a news organization; membership card for the National Association of Science Writers (NASW); letter from an editor for assignment at meeting or of general introduction; or clips of recent by-lined work pertaining to CNS-related science, intended for the general public, and published in the last 3 years.
- Writers representing other news outlets, such as online media or blogs, must provide a letter of assignment on official outlet letterhead or three recently published articles that relate to CNS’s scientific coverage.
- Public Information Officers for universities, societies, or institutions, should provide either an NASW membership card or a link to their title and/or recent clip on their organization’s website.
- Representatives of journals that do not contain news sections are not eligible for press passes, nor are editors of journals or other publications who do not edit their outlet’s news section.
- Representatives of book, magazine, and journal publishers, as well as advertising and marketing representatives, are ineligible for press passes.
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Lisa M.P. Munoz, CNS Public Information Officer
Twitter: @CogNeuroNews, #CNS2016