MAY 2–5, 2020
CNS ACCESSIBILITY POLICY
The Cognitive Neuroscience Society is committed to making information and technology accessible to everyone, in accordance with W3C-based guidelines on which Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act (29 U.S.C. 794d) and the U.S. Equality Act are based. The Cognitive Neuroscience Society conference team strives to create content more user-friendly to people with disabilities.
If you have a disability and require accommodations, please contact us as early as possible but at least 60 days prior to the conference to allow adequate time for us to assist in meeting your needs.
- Attendees requesting disability services need to be registered to attend the CNS Annual Meeting before we setup ADA services.
- Deadline to request interpreting services – February 24, 2020. Requests received later than February 24th risk services not being available.
- You will need to provide your cellphone number should we need to contact you onsite.
Real-Time Captioning Services and Special Needs Requests
Real-Time Captioning Services will be provided upon attendee request for lectures within CNS 2020 Annual Meeting. CART captioning is a speech-to-text interpreting service. Live event captioning benefits attendees who have a hearing loss, are deafened or deaf. If captioning is requested, dedicated seating areas near the screens will display the captioned text. If you require American Sign Language or CART Transcription Services, please contact us at least 60 days in advance of the annual meeting to inquire about these services.
If you have a disability or special need that may affect your participation in the annual meeting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. CNS cannot ensure the availability of appropriate accommodations without prior notification of need. For assistance with special needs or disabilities onsite, visit the hotel Concierge Desk.
Sheraton Boston Hotel Accessibility:
Accessible Areas with Accessible Routes from Public Entrance
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Meeting spaces and ballrooms
- Pool accessible
- Pool pathway
- Public entrance alternative
- Registration Desk Pathway
- Registration desk
Accessible Hotel Features
- Service animals are welcome
- Valet parking for vehicles outfitted for drivers in wheelchairs
Guest Room Accessibility
- Accessible guest rooms with 32” wide doorways
- Accessible route from public entrance to accessible guest rooms
- Alarm clock telephone ringers
- Bathroom grab bars
- Bathtub grab bars
- Bathtub seat
- Deadbolt locks, lowered
- Doors with lever handles
- Electrical outlets, lowered
- Flashing door knockers
- Hearing accessible rooms and/or kits
- No transfer shower s available
- Roll-in shower
- Shower wand, adjustable
- TTY/TTD available
- TV with close-captioning
- Toilet seat at wheelchair height
- Vanities, accessible
- Viewports, lowered