Submit a Poster Abstract
Late-Breaking Abstract Submission
CNS recognizes that late-breaking research (data collected or analyzed after the official abstract deadline) should be made available for presentation at the Annual Meeting. Specific criteria have been developed for late- breaking abstract submissions, see below. Those selected will be presented as posters at the meeting in San Francisco.
What Type of Abstract is Eligible for Late-Breaking?
Late-breaking submission is open March 1 – March 14, 2022. A late-breaking abstract should contain new information. It should be composed of results that were not yet known, or fully available, on the previous abstract submission deadline, January 18, 2022.
PLEASE NOTE: THE PRESENTING AUTHOR OF ABSTRACT MUST BE A CURRENT MEMBER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ACCEPTANCE.
Important Rules for Submission of Late-Breaking Abstracts
- No changes can be made to abstracts following their final submission
- The presenting author must be listed as the first author.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
- Please submit symbols as words.
- Abstracts must not have been submitted to any other scientific meeting or journal previously.
- Abstracts must not be a revision of an abstract submitted prior to the original submission deadline.
- The presenting author submitting the abstract must be a current member and fully paid for their abstract to be considered.
Late-Breaking Abstract Submissions Submission Deadline: March 14, 2022, 11:59 PM HST (Hawaii Standard Time/GMT-10)
Presentation of Posters
All accepted late-breaking abstracts will be presented as posters at the in-person Annual Meeting. The first named author must be present at the scheduled time and place. Each presenter will also be offered the opportunity to present their poster virtually on our virtual platform.
Details of Submission
- Abstract author must be a current member to present at the Annual Meeting.
- Late-breaking abstract submission fee: $100. A non-refundable fee must accompany each late breaking abstract submitted. This fee does not guarantee the acceptance of the late-breaking abstract.
- Each person is permitted to submit and be first author on one scientific abstract for the Annual Meeting, including regular abstract submissions and a late-breaking abstract. If a person submits as first author on more than one abstract per meeting, only one abstract will be accepted; all others will be rejected.
- Abstract submissions will only be accepted electronically and must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM HST March 14. After that time, the site will be closed. Authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection by March 23. The following internal timeline will be followed:
March 1- 14: Submission Site Open
By March 23: Abstract notifications sent electronically
Abstract Submission Site
To submit an abstract, visit the Annual Meeting homepage. The website address is https://www.cogneurosociety.org/submit_a_poster. The submission site will be available March 1-14. If you have previously submitted a session proposal, use your established login and password. Contact email@example.com if you need help.
Further details/guidelines for submitting your abstract can be found on the submission site. For other general questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*** You will need to be Logged in to your CNS account first before you click the button below to submit a late-breaking poster.
There are seven Poster Sessions, each two hours in length. The presenting author must post materials and be present at least one full hour during the assigned session and at least one other author is expected to be present during the remainder of the session.
*Please note that CNS 2022 is an in person event to be held April 23-26 in San Francisco, CA. If you are submitting a symposium then you must have confirmation from every speaker that they will be present at the meeting. If you are submitting a poster then you will be expected to present your poster in San Francisco. We look forward to seeing everyone in person again!
**Please note that posters can be virtual if you are unable to travel due to covid (positive test), travel banned country, or severe sickness. All posters will have an optional virtual presentation, in addition to the live presentation at CNS 2022. This supports the society’s membership’s desire for increased access for those unable to attend. We look forward to seeing everyone in person again!
Regular Poster submissions deadline - January 18, 2022. - NOW CLOSED -
Please follow these rules when entering your abstract information. The first author is responsible for assurance of adherence to the rules and of the merit of the presentation.
- NEW for 2022: In acknowledgement of COVID-19 disruptions, we will welcome submissions describing completed research, and projects that are in progress. In progress posters may characterize the rationale, design, predicted outcomes and available pilot data. Abstracts must acknowledge the 'In Progress' status and they will be noted as such."
- The abstract title should clearly define the work discussed.
- Abbreviations (of compounds, for example) must be spelled out in full at the first use. Do not use abbreviations in the title. Use only standard abbreviations.
- Capitalize the first letter of all trade names.
- You will be asked to choose an appropriate keyword for your abstract, which will be used for session planning.
- The abstract must be in one paragraph and cannot contain more than 250 words. The 250 word limit does not include the title, author or affiliation information.
- Do not add formatting to your abstract. Italic, bold, tabs and extra spaces are not permitted and will not appear in the final program.
- Please do not enter the abstract title, author names, or affiliations in all uppercase or all lowercase letters. Fixing these creates extra work during the publishing process. Sentence capitalization or title capitalization should be used for entering your abstract title.
- Please do not enter department names in the Affiliations box. Removing these creates extra work during the publishing process. If a university is well known, we prefer you not list the city, state, or country with the university’s name.
Poster Submission Fee
The fee to submit an abstract is $75 (U.S. funds). This submission fee is not refundable.
The fee to submit a late breaking abstract is $100 (U.S. funds). This submission fee is not refundable.
During the submission process, you will be directed to our secured online payment system. You can pay your submission fee by credit card online.
If the payment site is temporarily down or not functioning properly, please try again later. Your submission cannot be made until your registration and submission fees are paid. If you have problems paying, please .
General Submission Requirements
Prior to making a submission, you must read the General Submission Requirements.
* All deadlines are midnight in the last timezone (GMT-12).
**Only Members of the Society may submit posters – However, you can join now and then submit a poster.
*** You will need to be Logged in to your CNS account first before you click the button below to submit a poster.
APRIL 23–26 • 2022